Recipe | Pretzel Bites
Hi foodie Rangers,
In all honestly, I am sitting on my couch and it is getting pretty late, but a few days back I made pretzel bites and I promised on Instagram to post the recipe here on the blog, so without further ado, here it is and I really hope you rock it:
What you need to make these little lovelies:
- 1 1/2 cup warm water
- 1 packet or 2 1/4 teaspoon of dry active yeast
- 1 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 4 cups of flour
- 1/4 cup of baking soda
- 1 quart of water
- 1 egg (or beater)
- Coarse salt.
- Preheat the oven to 425 F.
- Line a baking sheet with either a silpat or paper.
- In a small bowl add the 1 1/2 cup warm water and yeast, allow this mix to sit for 3-5 minutes.
- After 3-5 minutes, stir in sugar and salt.
- In a large bowl add flour and the yeast/water mix. This mix should be kneaded for about 5 minutes, so it turns out smooth and sort of bouncy.
- Divide the dough into 6-8 sections and then make the sections into 1 inch thick ropes.
- Cut each rope into bite size pieces.
- Take a scissor and cut a little x in the top of the pieces.
- In a pan bring 1 quart of water and baking soda to a boil.
- Now place each little piece of dough into the boiled water (taken of the heat) and leave for about 30 seconds.
- Remove the dough with a slotted spoon (or fork) and place the bites on the baking sheet.
- Brush the bites with whisked egg and add a bit of salt on top.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes, I turned the broiler (grill) on for the last 2 minutes to make them a bit more golden - and oh so delicious!
Hope you enjoy the recipe, it is super quick and very delicious! If you have any questions, please add a comment in the box below and I will get back to you!
If you want to save this for later and maybe share it with you friends. Pin it!