Recipe | Candied Pecans
I know this might really be a Christmas time snack, but I love them year round, and they fit very well in a lunch box too :) so here comes the recipe for yummy goodness.
This is what you will need to make them:
- 500 g of Pecan nuts
- 1/2 cup of sugar
- Pinch of salt
- 1 Tsp of cinnamon (more or less, depends on taste)
- 1 egg white
- 1 Tbsp water
- Measure all your ingredients out.
- Preheat the oven to 250F (or 120C).
- Mix all the dry ingredients well together (sugar, salt and cinnamon).
- Mix the water with the egg white until frothy (Creepy word, kinda like moist. But it is what it does).
The next step is where everyone does it differently. I have tried dipping the pecans in the egg-mix and then in the sugar-mix, but i found it very sticky and too much sugar.
So this is what I did instead:
- I added the sugar-mix to the egg-mix and (well, lack of a better word) mixed it well together.
- When that was done, I put in all the pecans and coated them.
- When coated place them on a cookie sheet, with either a silat or paper on it. Preferably still in one layer.
- Put them in the oven at 250F /120C for about 60 minutes. Every 15 minutes you should stir them around, but still keep them in one layer.
- When they are done. let them cool on a wirerack (if you add a paper towel the crisp up better).
Don't they just look yummy? They are not just for Christmas, they go year round, but definitely a more fall-snack than anything. Crunchy Toes for Halloween maybe?
If you have any questions, feel free to leave comment below and I will get to you asap.
If you want to save this for later and maybe share it with you friends. Pin it!