Recipe | Easy steps to the best waffles
Hi Foodie Rangers,
I know I am not the only one loving waffles in the weekends, so I figured posting this right before it turns into the weekend was perfect timing.
This waffle dough (mixture) is a bit runnier than what you would normally make, that is why you have to follow the instructions and leave it to rest for about an hour. If you follow the instructions, you will get between 15-20 crispy waffles.
This is what you need:
- 400 g flour
- 150 g sugar
- 1.5 Tsp Baking powder
- 1.5 Tsp Vanilla powder/extract
- 150 g melted butter
- 8 dl milk
- 2 eggs
This is how you make these crispy goodies:
- Mix flour, baking powder, sugar, vanilla, milk and eggs well together.
- Add the melted butter and mix again.
- When it is all mixed, put the dough in the fridge to rest for an hour or so (this is very important, otherwise the dough will be even more runny).
- Heat up the waffle iron, until it is really hot.
- Put either a tiny bit of butter or oil on the waffle iron, so the dough doesn't stick.
- Add a ladle full (or so) of the dough to the waffle iron, and leave until crispy and golden.
- When you take them out, put them on a cooling rack, that way they stay crisp.
I love eating these with powdered sugar and homemade jam (I prefer Strawberry). But I have heard that if you remove the vanilla and use half whole wheat flour and half regular, you could eat these with savory fillings instead and not feel as quilty.
Quilty? Who? not me.. and especially not on the weekends, so go ahead and make a bunch of these scrumptious waffle and have a party.
Hope you enjoy them!
If you have any questions, feel free to comment below, I would love to hear your thoughts.
If you want to save this for later and maybe share it with you friends. Pin it!